There are some important points to keep in mind when you are shifting to a new house in Kensington. Prepare a moving checklist to plan your move well in advance. It is recommended that you prepare a checklist one month prior to vacating your old house. Don’t forget to go through the checklist along with your family members to make sure you haven’t missed out on anything. With the help of this checklist, you should start packing at least 3-4 weeks before the move. Here are some tips that can help you sail through the house move with ease.
1. Book a removal company or a man and van at least a month in advance. Booking early will ensure that they are available on the day of the move to the W8 area. Last minute bookings can burn a hole in your pocket, so plan early and book early. Approach them for a quote and also find out whether they will handle the packaging, loading and unloading.
2. Don’t forget to contact the nearby schools so that your kids can join the new school in Kensington, SW7 as soon as possible.
3. Cancel your current utilities including electricity, television, Internet etc. Don’t forget to book these for your new house so that you don’t face any difficulties when you move in.
4. Start listing down the things that you want to dispose of. You are moving to a new house and you don’t want to clutter the house in W8 with old stuff. So if you are planning to buy a new sofa, curtains or television then it is best to give away your unwanted goods to charity or sell them online.
5. You can also consider keeping some of your goods in a self storage, especially things like Christmas decorations or sports equipment that you don’t use on a regular basis.
6. Buy ropes, cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and tapes if you are planning to do the packing yourself. You can order these online or buy them from your nearest department store.
7. If you want to save some money during the house move, you can consider calling in a man with a van instead of a removal company. This can cut your costs drastically.
8. Sort out your old dues and bills before you move. Make a fresh start in your new house.
9. On the day before shifting to your new house, pack your mobile utilities, laptops, and important documents. Pack your important documents like passports and certificates and keep them with you safely during the move.
10. Don’t forget to label boxes so that it is easy for you to rearrange things in the new house. Keep one box for ‘immediate use’ items like clothes, toiletries, etc. so that you can use them as soon as you move to the new house in Kensington.
11. Give the moving company the address and directions to your new house. If possible, try to reach the location before the movers do.
12. Switch off all the lights and close the water taps in the kitchen and bathrooms before you leave your old house.
13. Lastly, don’t forget to inform your friends and neighbours that you are moving!
So, plan early and enjoy a stress-free house removal. Once you are done with the house move, relax and celebrate! Happy moving!